Lifestyle blog written by Tanner Mathewson

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

My Experience With Botox & Filler

Hi guys!
Miss me?
I've been so busy lately, and lazy when I have spare time as a result. However, I'm eager to get back to sharing with you guys!



Okay, so this topic is something I've been dying to talk about, but wanted to wait until I had a little more experience with it before I did a blog post about it. It's kind of taboo, and has a lot of misconceptions behind it. It's something I debated talking about, but at the end of the day it's something I want to share regardless of what other people think.

As of last week, I'm happy to report that I have officially tried Botox. I am also happy to report that I am OBSESSED. I am a very expressive person and because of that I have started to develop lines across my forehead, and a permanent dent in between my eyebrows. Literally every picture I take, you can see a frown in my forehead. I've tried facial massage and jade rolling to help soften it. It has helped, but the frown is still there.

Before attacking my entire forehead with Botox, I decided to try just my scowl in between my brows. It was quick, easy, and after a full 7 days I am not only unable to frown when the sun hits my face but I am completely free of any indention. It also got rid of several of the lines in my forehead. We didn't even target those! I'm so happy.

Prior to last week, the only other thing I have had done to my face is add Juvéderm to my lips. I have always been pretty happy with my lips, I just wanted to give them a little something extra. After my wedding, and before I was pregnant with Dean I did a half syringe of filler (Juvéderm) to mainly my top lip. The remainder of the syringe was added to my bottom lip. This lasted me a full year, despite my RN telling me that it would only last 8 months or so! I got them done again about 3 months ago and I'm still in love.

I'm gonna be straight with you guys: lip filler f****n HURTS. It hurts bad. I'll be straight with you guys again: I will get lip filler to the day I DIE. I feel like Angelina Jolie. Not really, but I do feel like THAT BITCH. I also struggle with extremely dry lips typically, and Juvéderm completely gets rid of any dryness and cracks.
One negative symptom that I had was bruising on my lips the following week, but that is normal and clearls up quickly. Here is a before and after of the first time.




I wanted to be real with you guys about this stuff rather than try and keep it a secret for a few reasons, one of them being that I genuinely love to talk about things that make me feel good about myself. Another reason being that I cannot stand when I can clearly tell that someone's face has changed and yet they try to keep it a secret. You guys know that I am an open book.

I am so supportive of women (and men) doing whatever it takes to make them feel good about themselves. If you love Botox and filler all over your face, great. If you feel like you've earned every line and want to embrace it, you do you boo. Women are beautiful either way. I, personally, want to do Botox until my face looks like Bella Hadid's. But hey, that's me.

What are your experiences with Botox and filler? Is there something else I should try? My crow's feet are next on my hit list. Also, if you're local and want to know where I go for these services, just ask!

lovelovelove,
Tanner



Share:

6 comments

  1. YASSSS cant wait to get shot up again post pregnancy �� that before and after though ��‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forever SO happy you dragged me with you to Kingsburg like what was life before this?! 😂

      Delete
  2. I’m obsessed with Botox too, like OBSESSED �� I have a full syringe of juvederm I bought two years ago and have been a scared baby to do ever since. Now, Anthony REFUSES to let me get it done!! He thinks it doesn’t look naturals, whereas I disagree and think it will just enhance ���� It’s so sad and selfish, but we are planning on having a baby after we get married, and I’m planning out my Botox around that schedule too so the max amount of time I go without us 5 months �� PS: you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell Blake everything but this was the first time I did something and told him after 😂😂 haha he threw a FIT but now he doesn’t care! I think they just get weird about it because they picture the worst case scenario lol not getting it during pregnancy is the WORST but damn you’re gonna be a hot pregnant woman! 🔥🔥🔥

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig