Lifestyle blog written by Tanner Mathewson

Monday, June 24, 2019

What I Eat in a Day/ Current Daily Routine

Hello again, my friends! I thew in some random pictures from today, because look at him.


 So the poll from my Instagram story was damn near 50/50 AGAIN, so I figured I would just combine the two topics that I gave you guys. They go hand in hand, really.

As most of you know, I am on day 22 of the Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living. It has been one of the hardest, most rewarding things I've ever done and I will do a blog post about that next week once the 30 days are over. This cleanse has helped me lose 9 lbs (so far), and is what has laid the foundation for what I eat in a day.

There is also a very specific routine that I follow in order to successfully eat healthy during my day, work out, work hard, and be a mom at the same time.  This routine works great for my family and me, and I suggest you find your own rhythm that makes your life easier! Every day is a little different, but the general structure is always the same. Since I've been following this routine my anxiety has lessened tremendously and I have been more productive. I also have more energy, which means I am better equipped to keep up with my energetic 8 (almost 9) month old.

Half of the week I'm working, half of the week I am not. Regardless of whether or not I'm working, my mornings and my evenings follow just about the same routine. This way, Dean knows what to expect and so do I. Even if I'm going to be home most of the day I will stick to my schedule. This keeps me from being unproductive and getting depressed.



Here is a breakdown of what a typical work day looks like, and what I'm eating:

4:45AM: I wake up, get dressed in my workout clothes, and head into town to work out

  • If I'm going to bed later than usual and know I'm going to have a hard time getting up in the morning, I'll set my workout clothes and shoes out and ready to go so that when I wake up I have less work to do. I also keep my Hydro Flask out on the counter and my boxing gloves in the car so I can just grab everything and go without too much thought.

5:15AM: Start HIIT/ boxing workout at Blueprint Studios in Tulare

  • I workout at Blueprint about 3 times a week. Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's only 2 days. It just depends on how my body is feeling that week. Honestly, the workouts are so intense that sometimes I can only handle 2-3 days a week. I am OBSESSED with these workouts, this is the first time since high school that I can genuinely say I look forward to exercising and I'm genuinely bummed if I miss it. On the days that I don't work out I wake up at 6 and try to do the following steps before Dean wakes up.


6:15AM: When I get home, I make a smoothie for both Blake and me. I also make Blake a sandwich and make myself a smoothie for my lunch and put it in the freezer for later. If I'm bringing a snack I'll pack that, too. Once I'm done I take a quick shower before Dean wakes up.

  • My smoothies/shakes are the two meals that I eat other than dinner. I use the Magic Bullet for all of my smoothies, it's so easy.
  • Breakfast smoothie:
    • Almond milk, 2 scoops of Arbonne vanilla protein powder, 2 frozen strawberries, slices of frozen banana, 1 tsp of almond butter, 1 packet of Arbonne Digestion Plus (probiotics)
  • Lunch smoothie:
    • Almond milk, 2 scoops of Arbonne chocolate protein powder, a handful of kale or spinach, crushed ice, 1 tsp of almond butter, 1/2 scoop of Arbonne Fiber. I freeze it in a to go cup. Once I get to work I put it in the fridge or freezer, depending on how soon I'll get to eat it. 

6:45AM: I make Dean a bottle and feed him. Then I make my bed, grab his stand up play area and head to the kitchen to do the dishes. 


7:15AM: I make myself a fizzy stick and ice water. Dean and I usually just play in the den until he is ready for his first nap. I love this quiet playtime with my little guy before we start the day. I also use this time to text my clients back that I have that week.

  • Never in a million years did I think I would be able to go without coffee in the mornings, yet here I am. I haven't had a sip of coffee in over 20 days. The fizzy sticks give me a ton of energy without the anxiety feeling. Roslyn also gave me a tip: whenever I'm craving something unhealthy, have a fizzy stick. Something about it completely takes my cravings away.
8:15AM: Dean usually goes down for his nap around this time. Once he does, I do my makeup, hair, get dressed, and get all of my stuff together for the day. By the time he wakes up, I usually have the car seat ready to go and the diaper bag packed.

9:15AM: Dean wakes up, and we're either out the door or I start cleaning and running errands

10:00AM: Start my day! Either working or doing stuff around the house.

12:30PM: I eat my smoothie for lunch. If I'm still hungry after I'll have a handful of almonds, but the smoothies genuinely keep me super full.

7:00PM: I usually head home around this time if I'm working. Sometimes I have to pick Dean up and sometimes he's already been dropped off. On days I don't work we have an early dinner, usually around 5:00.



7:30PM: If he is tired enough, we put Dean to bed. I immediately start to make dinner.
  • Because of the Arbonne cleanse, all of my meals are gluten free, dairy free, contain no preservatives, and include no vinegar other than ACV. When I read the list of things that I wasn't allowed to have I initially freaked out, but it's been surprisingly easy.
    • Protein pasta (Banza noodles, or POW noodles from Target) mixed with gluten free, organic sauces and chicken 
    • Shrimp Bowls: Shrimp, brown rice, quinoa, lettuce, black beans, avocado, and homemade salsa
    • Tilapia, veggies, brown rice, and a lemon sauce
    • Shrimp stir fry, linked here!
    • Carne Asada salad: Asada, black beans, lettuce, homemade guac, homemade salsa, and Primal Kitchen dressing (linked here, but also available at Smart and Final and Target). Green Goddess is my favorite.
  • Most of my dinner recipes are saved in my highlights on Instagram
8:00PM: Eat, do the dishes, and relax with my hubby on the couch with either detox tea, 4 oz of red wine, or both. I'll usually read a book, work on a blog post, or just watch a movie.

9:30PM: Get in bed, maybe stay up for another 30 min, but 10:00 is the latest we go to bed

I get all of my Arbonne protein and products from @renewed.roslyn on Instagram, feel free to ask her any questions! (Right, Ros? lol)

Also, if you like the crop I was wearing today head over to @IndiJag on Instagram and use my discount code TANNER15 for 15% off your order! I am a rep for them for the next 3 months, so use it while you can! They have the cutest graphics.

Like I said guys, every day is a little different other than our mornings and evenings- those are always the same. I love the consistency and so does Dean, he's just such a happy baby when he knows what to expect! Let me know what you guys would like to hear about in my next blog post! I'll be going over the last 30 days. There will be a before and after picture, so pray for me lol. 

lovelovelove, 
Tanner 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig