Lifestyle blog written by Tanner Mathewson

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Who, What, When, Where, and Why?



Hello, world! My name is Tanner Laine Mathewson. I am a 26 year old hairdresser and I live in central California, where I was born and raised. I am blessed with an incredibly handsome husband and beautiful baby boy. Blake and I were married on May 20th, 2017 and our son Dean was born on October 9th, 2018. We live out in the country with our Siberian Husky named Nova and two cats, Sahara and Zenon.


I'm still kind of in shock that I'm actually typing my first blog post right now, but also very proud. It's not easy to put yourself out there and yet here I am finally doing what I have been embarrassed to admit I've wanted to do for quite some time. Why is starting a blog so embarrassing? I think it comes down to blogging being considered a cliche and bloggers being thought of as narcissistic. Despite these negative connotations I haven't been able to get this potential hobby out of my head. I have always had a love for writing, and more importantly, an insatiable need to share the things that I feel passionate about with others.

I came up with the name Becoming Tanner by digging deep and coming to terms with why I really want to do this and what I stand for. When it comes down to it, what I'm most passionate about in life is person growth. I want to be the best version of myself that I can be, and that will never change. I want to be the best mother, the best wife, the best friend, the best daughter, the best stylist, and just basically the best Tanner Mathewson that I can be. Personal growth is so fulfilling and self awareness is so addicting. I am always becoming a better version of Tanner. The thing that lights me on fire on a daily basis is the feeling I get when I'm sharing interesting information (often regarding personal growth) with others. I love to talk with my friends, family and clients about: health, mental health, beauty tricks, spirituality, tattoos, food, podcasts, books- the list goes on and on. This blog is a way for me to fuel that fire.

I tend to listen to a lot of podcasts and read a lot of books about successful people and how the came to be where they are. When debating whether or not to start this blog I listened to several different entrepreneurs, and the one most important piece of advice they had to give was this: If the motivation behind your project is purely profit-related, then it will not be likely to succeed. Basically, passion projects are less likely to fail in comparison with those whose main motivation is making money. Listening to the same advice from so many different business men and women in one day was a sign. I want to do this because I believe I will genuinely enjoy it, and I hope others do too.

I am so excited to start this! If you are reading this, THANK YOU. If this sounds in any way interesting to you please comment on here or


DM me on Instagram and let me know what you would like to read about!

lovelovelove,
Tanner


           
Share:

15 comments

  1. Tanner! Thank you sooo much for inspiring me every time we talk! I can’t wait to see what this blog has to bring. You are SO beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ros! You and your health journey have been part of the inspiration and I so appreciate your support! Love love love!

      Delete
  2. Tanner, I am so excited for you girl! I will be looking forward to reading your blogs and I definitely enjoy what I've read this far. You're awesome and your passion for striving to be your best self is inspiring. Even though I know I want that for myself, sometimes I need a reminder to step out of the "routine". I love you and know you will be a huge inspiration to others. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tawnee! You are so sweet and that makes me so incredibly happy that I can in any way inspire you! Love you gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. So wonderful Tanner! �� This will be so fun to read. I’m excited to see where this journey leads you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support Miss Amber! Love you my friend!

      Delete
  4. Awesome job tanner!!I can’t wait to read more! Im super excited For your journey & to see where I takes you��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! Manifestation is real, am I right?! haha

      Delete
  5. You’re so beautiful inside & out Tanner! Can’t wait to follow along with you, looking forward to the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rikki! So excited to have gorgeous, strong women like you reading along, miss you!

      Delete
  6. Yah Tanner!!!! You have so many amazing topics to write about as you are one of the hardest working moms I know. I’d love to read how you manage your time with that handsome babe and give your clients kickass hair. Love you, can’t wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL now I'm crying haha Thank you Kim, love you SO much my friend! Bad ass workin' moms!

      Delete
  7. I am inspired and loving the blog. Thank you for the hair tips as well! love the IG too!
    Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the first time I even read into a blog so I am not sure how to leave my name on here to show I reviewed your blog lol! so I'll leave my name in this comment haha -Wendy C.

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig