Lifestyle blog written by Tanner Mathewson

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Q & A With @makeupbyforeverliz


Well, hello stranger.

I have been MIA lately for a lot of reasons but I'm back, bitches!
You're going to love this one.

I have had the pleasure of working with Liz Leon, AKA @makeupbyforeverliz on Instagram, on several weddings and photoshoots! She is insanely talented, sweet, funny, and a kick ass business woman. I had the privilege of getting my makeup done by her about a month ago, and let me tell you- she did NOT disappoint!



Liz did my makeup at Arch Haus of Brows in Clovis, where she does several of her bridal makeup trials. I have followed AHOB on Instagram for a while- I am OBSESSED with the aesthetic and entire vibe of the building. If you guys live in the Fresno/ Clovis area you must check it out!

Below is an interview I sent Liz, just generally picking her brain about business, products, mistakes, and more!

Enjoy!


Q: What keeps you passionate about makeup after being in this business so long? What keeps you from getting burned out?

A: So many things keep me passionate about doing makeup. I have been a Freelance makeup artist for over 6 years now. I still feel so excited to pick up a makeup brush and work on a client. I love my job so much and the amount of support I receive from my family and close friends really keeps me going. I truly feel that the little beauty community I have created on Instagram is so genuine and I have people cheering me on every day. Having creative freedom and creating makeup looks that excite me also play a part in keeping me passionate. Every now and then I will organize a photoshoot with a concept in mind and bring my vision to life. Watching it all come together continues to fuel my passion for being a makeup artist.

Q: What are 3 of your all time favorite makeup products?

A. Three of my all-time favorite makeup products include:

1. Benefit Cosmetics Fool Proof Brow Powder for a natural, easy to do, every day, long-lasting brow.

2. KKW Lip Pencil in 1.5 (the most perfect nude ever)

3. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer (best coverage, I’m sure you’ve all heard about it)

Q: All time favorite skin care products? 

A: Three of my must have skin products include




Q: What is, in your opinion, a mistake that most people make when applying their makeup?

A: In my opinion, a mistake many make when applying their makeup is not cleaning their brushes/sponges at LEAST once a week. Using makeup brushes and sponges that haven’t been cleaned in months (or ever) really alters the way makeup is applied. This can also cause breakouts and makeup build up on the brushes can cause an uneven/blotchy application. I highly recommend taking your brushes to the sink and giving them a deep clean at least once a week or spot cleaning with a good brush cleaner that dries instantly so you can use a fresh brush right away!

Q: What is your favorite type of look to create?

A: My favorite type of look to create is a soft glam bronze look with a nude lip! This look is very universal for all skin types and really looks amazing on anyone!

Q: What made you decide to turn your passion into a career?

A: I decided to take the leap and quit my day job about a year ago. It was something I knew I had to eventually do as I got busier with my freelance makeup business. I knew that whenever I did make up for clients, that was when I truly felt the happiest. Making women feel confident and beautiful became my full-time job and there is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for that. I feel like I found my purpose and it’s a great feeling.

Q: You're amazing at branding and running your business like a BOSS. Do you enjoy the business side of what you do?

A: Thank you!! I have enjoyed building my brand more than I could’ve ever imagined! I did not realize I was “building a brand” until it actually happened. The business side is my favorite, a little stressful, but rewarding to say the least. Working on my branding, creating a visually appealing aesthetic, the constant emails, building a website from scratch, creative photoshoots, the artistry, and so much more. I am a one woman show, I have my hands dipped in every aspect of the business and would not have it any other way, for now J .


Q: Can you share your favorite techniques for getting flawless skin?

A: Yes, it all starts with the skin and properly taking time to prep the skin accordingly! So, depending on the skin type that I am working with would determine the skin prep.  I also focus quite a bit of time on working the concealer and foundation into the skin. When you think you’re done blending them both in, keep blending. The longer you buff and blend them in, the more “skin-like” it will appear. I love applying the product with a brush first, then with a beauty blender for a flawless & long- lasting coverage.




There you have it! Follow Liz if you want your Instagram feed to be blessed.

Who should I interview next? 

lovelovelove,
Tanner



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig